1. They never admit their lack of drawing skills. They insist that it's their drawing style.
Yeah... I used to do that a lot XD Now, I think I'm off it, a bit. Sometimes, though, I do say it's my style or something... >_>;; *still a noob* But I try to take every critique as a way for me to get better now! 8D
2. They always make excuses for the poor quality of their works. ''I'm still practicing'' or ''I'm working on it'' are the most common excuses.
I say, "I suck." Ok, lies. I don't say that, but I think it... We are all still working on it, aren't we? : D Gotta practice forever! Just don't use that as an excuse. =A=
3. They draw bad characters with a mouse and tell people they don't have a tablet.
LOL not really. I just got proud when I did something "good" with a mouse. Although that never happened. D8 *should practice*
I think people who draw with mouses are much much more awesome and patient than those who do the same thing with a tablet. Seriously. I wish I could be like them. D8
4. They always draw heads and faces.
[until the waist] LOL yes. Mostly because I'm always JUST doodling (aka NOT practicing lololol) and I run out of space or something. I do like drawing full bodies though. D8
5. Their characters always face the same way.
YES LOLOLOLOLOL I'm practicing that other
When it's a piece with 2+ charas I try to do many different angles, but when it's only one chara I do the angle I have an easier time with... And then, if I look back, ALL PIECES HAVE THE CHARACTERS FACED THE SAME SIDE. Because I'm so lazy and I always draw one chara only. ORZ;;; *kills self*
6. Their proportion is awful.
Currently working on a piece with 6 charas with all that height s* and OMG OMG OMG it totally isn't working~~~~~ *cries*
7. Every character looks the same.
SORRY IF I CAN'T DRAW MEN. AT ALL. lol
I try, I tryyyyy~ *cries*
8. They draw the same faces with different hairs.
S*. I try, I tryy~ Isn't this basically the same thing as the above..? XDD
I'm praciticing~ Sometimes I draw my different charas hairless [AND IT LOOKS SO ODD] to see if I can differenciate(?) them D8
9. Their characters' angle and direction are very odd.
Yes. Even the easiest angle for me turns out strange. At least, I've been noticing this lately... *cries*
10. They don't care about the basic drawing.
UHHH... Like what, skeleton and all that shizzle?
I don't do any of that because I've never had lessons/never cared for that, but... =A=
I read in a book when I was really small (not that small, but) that we have to draw the clothing after drawing the whole body and all that shizzle and since I did, I did that, really caring? D8 *didn't do it before*
So... I actually do care? *cries*
11. Others only care about the basic drawing.
Mmm... Against that? For example, when one's starting to draw, they care a. lot. about the technical stuff. It's important and all, but... I don't like straight stuff and perfect proportion that doesn't look natural. D8
12. They have no idea what a layer is.
I do, I do!! *jumps*
13. They always draw one character (no more than two characters in a single canvas).
14. They always draw characters in the same angle.
Wait, AGAIN?! ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE ME REALLY REALLY SAD?! *cries*
15. All of their characters have the same facial expression.
I don't think so, but... who knows... Since all my charas look the same, why not look like they're always wearing the same expression..? orz;;
16. Static and passive poses; they can't draw characters in dynamic poses.
*looks down* Actually, I try but they always seem so awkward. Lately, I'm trying to be less perfeccionist (not that my stuff is perfect, but you know)
17. They never draw feet.
I like drawing feet... WITH SOCKS. OR SHOES. I HATE bare feet DDD8 *is currently drawing* *left it last*
18. They can't draw figures from high or low angles.
BACKGROUNDS DON'T COUNT lol
People, I'm sorta ok... They look awkward sometimes, but most of the times I'm pretty satisfied.
19. Some of them don't even know the definition of high and low angle drawings.
OH COOL GOOGLE ACTUALLY HAS THIS. *goes back to number 18*
19. A horrid figure drawing in dynamic pose can be turned into a 4th dimentional abstract.
21. Same character looks totally different when it is drawn in different angle or direction.
Naw, most of the time people can tell my characters apart. When they've seen them enough. :3
22. They can't draw anything other than characters or draw everything but characters (as apposed to backgrounds, objects, etc.).
That's why I was drawing animals. *promises to practice*
I'M JUST SO F*ING LAZY D8
23. They always draw cute characters.
I try to make cool dewds but 1. I can't draw dewds and 2. I can't draw cool. 8DD
24. They don't know how to draw old people.
Actually never even dared to try. XD
25. They don't know how to draw hands.
I'm ok with hands~ Most of the time.
26. Their characters hands are always hidden(because they don't want to draw hands).
Sorry. I swear it's on purpose. XDD
27. The idea sketch is professional but the actual quality is lacking.
I seriously am pretty proud of most my concepts but when I try to execute them I fail so. so. bad. And then I give up. 8D
28. They try to cover up one of the eyes (most often with hair) so that they only have to draw one eye.
LOL when I'm trying semi-realism YES. lololol
Ok, actually, I try drawing both, but then, I fail, and then I cover it up. With ANYTHING. lol
29. Their works are always asymmetrical/symmetrical.
I hate symmetry. Ok, hate is a really strong word. I highly dislike it. D8
But then again, I can't draw a person facing straight forward symmetrically. XD
30. Lineart = finished piece
I'm usually too lazy to finish it / I fail to.
I don't actually consider it finished but I rarely finish it. D8
31. Rough sketch = finished piece
Naw, it's usually the concept. But, as said before, I rarely go beyond this point...
Rough sketch ≠ purposely rough/sketchy.
32. They have no knowledge of anatomy.
SIX AND A HALF HEADS, B*S. lol Nope, I haven't had proper lessons lalalala *doesn't really care*
33. They only draw eyes.
I... like... drawing eyes only... ... ... XD
34.The size of the characters eyes and/or boobs are ridiculously huge.
Small boobs = ♥
Can't color big boobs... D8 I like drawing them though lalalala
And yes, I have big eyes. D8 That's why my ears are so big, too. D8
35. They love boobs but they don't know how to draw them properly, so they just appreciate them.
LOL Always read all questions before answering them. lolololol
36. Their works are free from all logic awkward anatomy and proportion.
37. They lose confidence when other people's works look great.
Yep. (Y) aka Artblock. aka Tired. lololol
38. They think they are genius when they come up with satisfied quality.
I AM A GENIUS, WHAT ARE YOU SAYING.
Of course not. o_õ
39. They collect other people's works as practice references but in reality they collect them as a collection.
Not that I collect them, I mean, faving on dA is totally different. When I do save stuff to my iPod, for example, I do think what I could do to acheive them etc etc...
40. They are not patient enough to practice.
41. They think tablet is the magic wand of art that can make them draw amazingly just by having it.
Ok, lies. Two years ago, I thought that way. Nowadays, not anymore. But I do have to admit I got a lot better after I got the tablet, in many ways (which means, my stuff from before must've been s**** lol)
42. They regain confidence when other peoples works look worse than theirs.
LOL that's so loser. XD
43. They are more than willing to draw but lose the spirit very easily.
YUP. (Y) When I fail. Or artblock. Wait, it's the same thing. I'M JUST SO FAIL DDD8
44. They completely lose the confidence when they see the works of true genius.
Yep lol. I feel like these statements are getting repetitive... XD
But yeah, it's like... F*. *depressed* "No! One day I'll be as good as him/her!" *lies* And I study it. A bit. XD
45. They only draw once a month or even once a year.
Complete pieces? Once a lifetime. lol
I do wish I could control myself, though. Haha.
46. They get mad when their favourite artists are being lazy.
LOL yes Ok, lies. I get a bit frustrated, but... everyone at their own pace, yes?
I just get really really happy when they update 8D
47. When they draw hentai art, they end up drawing grotesque horror pictures because their proportion is so fucking awful.
48. They don't have faith in themselves.
I look down on myself in everything. Seriously. Then...
I FAIL AS A HUMAN BEING. (Wait, I already knew that...)
49. The word 'slump' is their most common excuse for being lazy.
Isn't it the same thing..? XD *goes to dictionary.com*
I still think it's the same thing... >_>;;
50. They realize their problems and know where to fix them but they never do.
I try~ D8 Depends on what it is, though. Sometimes, I just let it be. D8
It seems I use the word 'artblock' a lot. 8D I already noticed it, but... It's not like it's an excuse, it's more like... I'm too frustrated with everything. D8